From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article lists political parties in Sint Maarten.
Sint Maarten has a multi-party system with numerous political parties, in which usually a single party does not have a chance of gaining power alone, and thus parties must work with each other to form coalition governments. Political parties tend to be loose political groupings, rather than supporting a consistent ideology, and as such, in the 2010s there were several instances of members of parties leaving to become unaffiliated, leading to the collapse of several coalition governments and snap elections.
- Democratic Party (Democratische Partij Sint Maarten)
- National Alliance
- People's Progressive Alliance
- United People's Party (UP Party)
- Citizens for Positive Change (4 Positive Change)
- Social Reform Party (SRP)
- United St. Maarten Party (US Party)
- Concordia Political Alliance (CPA)
- One St. Maarten People Party (OSPP)
- 2014, July 7. 8 political parties registered for elections, Today, 15, 149.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.