From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Left hand. Lister's tubercle shown.
Axial T1-weighted MRI slice through the wrist at the level of Lister's tubercle.
Lister's tubercle is found on the dorsal distal radius. It varies in size and shape significantly. It can range from around 2 to 6 mm in height (averaging 3 mm), and around 6 to 26 mm in length (averaging 13 mm).
Lister's tubercle is used as a useful landmark during wrist arthroscopy and other wrist surgery. It is palpable on the dorsum of the wrist. It is often difficult to clearly distinguish with radiography.
Hyperextension of the wrist can lead to fracture of Lister's tubercle, as pressure is increased from the extensor pollicis longus tendon. An "island-shaped" fracture can also expose the tendon to a rough edge and lead to tendon rupture (usually long after the initial fracture).
- Chan, Wan Ying; Chong, Le Roy (2017-12-01). "Anatomical Variants of Lister's Tubercle: A New Morphological Classification Based on Magnetic Resonance Imaging". Korean Journal of Radiology. 18 (6): 957–963. doi:10.3348/kjr.2017.18.6.957. ISSN 1229-6929. PMC 5639161. PMID 29089828.
- Clement, Hans; Pichler, Wolfgang; Nelson, David; Hausleitner, Lisa; Tesch, Norbert Peter; Grechenig, Wolfgang (December 2008). "Morphometric Analysis of Lister's Tubercle and Its Consequences on Volar Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures". The Journal of Hand Surgery. 33 (10): 1716–1719. doi:10.1016/j.jhsa.2008.08.012. ISSN 0363-5023.
- PICHLER, W.; WINDISCH, G.; SCHAFFLER, G.; RIENMÜLLER, R.; GRECHENIG, W. (2009-10-21). "Computer tomography aided 3D analysis of the distal dorsal radius surface and the effects on volar plate osteosynthesis:". Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). doi:10.1177/1753193409101471.
- "Wheeless Online". Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Ağır, İsmail; Aytekin, Mahmut Nedim; Küçükdurmaz, Fatih; Gökhan, Servan; Çavuş, Umut Yücel (2014-04-04). "Anatomical Localization of Lister's Tubercle and its Clinical and Surgical Importance". The Open Orthopaedics Journal. 8 (1): 74–77. doi:10.2174/1874325001408010074. ISSN 1874-3250. PMC 4023390. PMID 24843388.
- Stahl, Shalom; Wolff, Thomas W. (May 1988). "Delayed rupture of the extensor pollicis longus tendon after nonunion of a fracture of the dorsal radial tubercle". The Journal of Hand Surgery. 13 (3): 338–341. doi:10.1016/s0363-5023(88)80004-2. ISSN 0363-5023.
- Cha, Soo Min; Shin, Hyun Dae; Lee, Soong Hyun (October 2018). ""Island-shape" Fractures of Lister's tubercle have an increased risk of delayed extensor pollicis longus rupture in distal radial fractures". Injury. 49 (10): 1816–1821. doi:10.1016/j.injury.2018.08.019. ISSN 0020-1383.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.