From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Gordon Parry|
|Produced by||Theo Lageard|
|Written by||Rita Barisse|
|Based on||Monsieur La Souris|
by Georges Simenon
|Music by||Mischa Spoliansky|
|Edited by||Charles Hasse|
Triangle Film Corporation
Midnight Episode is a 1950 English thriller mystery film directed by Gordon Parry. It is based on the novel Monsieur La Souris written by Georges Simenon in the year 1938, and adapted for screen by Rita Barisse. It featured Stanley Holloway, Leslie Dwyer, Reginald Tate and Meredith Edwards in the lead roles.
The film was released in United States on 19 May 1955.
- Stanley Holloway as Professor Prince
- Leslie Dwyer as Albert
- Reginald Tate as Inspector Lucas
- Meredith Edwards as Detective Sergeant Taylor
- Wilfrid Hyde-White as Mr. Knight
- Joy Shelton as Mrs. Arnold
- Raymond Young as Miller
- Leslie Perrins as Charles Mason
- Sebastian Cabot as Benno
- Campbell Copelin as The General
- Natasha Parry as Jill harris
The film received positive reviews. As of April 2014 it has been rated 6.6 out of 10 on IMDb.
- Wheeler W. Dixon (1994). Re-Viewing British Cinema, 1900-1992: Essays and Interviews. SUNY Press. pp. 162–. ISBN 978-0-7914-1862-8.
- Andrew Spicer (2010). Historical Dictionary of Film Noir. Scarecrow Press. pp. 445–. ISBN 978-0-8108-7378-0.
- Geoff Mayer (2012). Historical Dictionary of Crime Films. Scarecrow Press. pp. 352–. ISBN 978-0-8108-6769-7.
- Terence Pettigrew (1982). British Film Character Actors: Great Names and Memorable Moments. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 92–. ISBN 978-0-7153-8270-7.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.