From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Ministerio de Defensa|
|Formed||April 1, 1987|
The Ministry of Defense of Peru (Spanish: Ministerio de Defensa del Perú) is the agency of the Peruvian government responsible for safeguarding of national security on land, sea and air. For such purpose it exercises command over the Peruvian Armed Forces composed of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force. The current Minister of Defense is Nuria Esparch.
The Ministry of Defense of Peru was created by Law No. 24654 on 1 April 1987, during the government of President Alan García. It absorbed the previous Ministries of War, Navy and Aeronautics as well as the Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Chiefs of Staff) and the National Defence Secretariat.
The government agency under his command is organized as follows:
- Secretaría General (General Secretariat)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Administrativos y Económicos (Viceministry of Administrative and Economic Matters)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Logísticos y de Personal (Viceministry of Logistics and Personnel Matters)
- Dirección Nacional de Política y Estrategia (National Directorate of Politics and Strategy)
- Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Command of the Armed Forces)
- Ejército del Perú (Peruvian Army)
- Marina de Guerra del Perú (Peruvian Navy)
- Fuerza Aérea del Perú (Peruvian Air Force)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.