From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Created by||David E. Kelley|
Sanjay Gupta (book)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bill D'Elia|
David E. Kelley
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||David E. Kelley Productions|
TNT Original Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 4 –|
April 8, 2013
Monday Mornings is an American medical drama television series that ran on TNT from February 4 to April 8, 2013 and aired Mondays after Dallas. It is based on the 2012 novel of the same name by Sanjay Gupta. In May 2012, TNT placed a ten-episode order for the series.
The series follows the professional and personal lives of five doctors at the fictional Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The series title refers to the weekly peer-reviewed conferences held on Monday mornings, at which the surgeons receive both praise for their accomplishments and lambasting for their mistakes, usually from the sharp-tongued and often sarcastic Dr. Hooten.
- Alfred Molina as Chief of Staff Dr. Harding Hooten
- Ving Rhames as trauma chief Dr. Jorge "El Gato Negro" Villanueva
- Bill Irwin as transplant chief Dr. Buck Tierney
- Jamie Bamber as attending neurosurgeon Dr. Tyler Wilson
- Jennifer Finnigan as attending neurosurgeon Dr. Tina Ridgeway
- Keong Sim as attending neurosurgeon Dr. Sung Park
- Sarayu Rao as attending cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Sydney Napur
- Emily Swallow as neurosurgical resident Dr. Michelle Robidaux
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers|
|1||"Pilot"||Bill D'Elia||David E. Kelley||February 4, 2013||1.34 |
|Trauma Chief Jorge Villanueva treats what appears to be an attempted suicide; Dr. Ty Wilson is shaken by the case of an 11-year-old with a soccer injury; Dr. Sydney Napur solves a case that baffles the rest of the staff.|
|2||"Deus Ex Machina"||Bill D'Elia||David E. Kelley & Sanjay Gupta||February 11, 2013||1.22 |
|Doctors try to convince a 13-year-old girl to have surgery; Ty turns to Dr. Tina Ridgeway for support; Dr. Buck Tierney tries to bully a resident into pronouncing an organ donor brain dead; Sydney enlists Villanueva's help with a patient.|
|3||"Who's Sorry Now?"||Bill D'Elia||David E. Kelley & Karen Struck||February 18, 2013||1.25 |
|Sung refuses to apologize to the wife of a patient who died on his table; Ty and Michelle face a moral dilemma; Sydney and Lieberman are unable to leave work behind while on a date; Buck is named in a malpractice lawsuit.|
|4||"Forks Over Knives"||Mike Listo||Amanda Johns & Karen Struck & David E. Kelley||February 25, 2013||1.24 |
|The surgeons are divided over Tina's proposal to use an unorthodox procedure; Villanueva must find a way to treat a girl who refuses care; a former patient sues Sung when a successful surgery creates an unforeseen side effect.|
|5||"The Legend and the Fall"||Greg Hoblit||Amanda Johns & Sanjay Gupta & David E. Kelley||March 4, 2013||1.45 |
|The surgeons question the cognitive abilities of one of the hospital's elder statesmen; a competitive swimmer has a seizure in the emergency room; Tina performs a risky procedure; Sydney criticizes Lieberman for a misdiagnosis.|
|6||"Communion"||Colin Bucksey||Karen Struck & David E. Kelley||March 11, 2013||1.86 |
|Gato's son, Nick, gets into the hospital after being stabbed with a knife. Dr. Park performs surgery on Chung Mai, a violinist he admires. Dr. Buck Tierney helps a donor after her sister died before the kidney transplantation was complete.|
|7||"One Fine Day"||Mario Van Peebles||Sanjay Gupta & Amanda Johns & David E. Kelley||March 18, 2013||1.23 |
|Dr. Wilson performs a craniotomy of a marine in Afghanistan remotely using a robot. Dr. Park and Gato struggle with the sister of patient in vegetative state. Dr. Napur, Dr. Ridgway with Dr. Wilson then perform a surgery on a 10 months old baby with a tumor. Finally the chief chastens Dr. Wilson for not taking a follow up on his remote patient.|
|8||"Truth or Consequences"||Arlene Sanford||Karen Struck & David E. Kelley||March 25, 2013||1.32|
|Ioan Gruffudd guest stars as Dr. Stewart Delaney. Dr. Stewart Delany is asked to explain how a careless mistake killed his patient; Sydney and Villanueva operate on a young man with injuries from a suicide attempt; Sydney and Buck consider the waste of resources on those who can not be saved.|
|9||"Wheels Within Wheels"||Mike Listo||Amanda Johns & David E. Kelley & Karen Struck||April 1, 2013||1.60|
|Ty and Hooten believe a Supreme Court hopeful judge may have a brain tumor; an emergency room case proves to be more than Michelle can handle; Sung and Tina disagree over the course of treatment for an obsessive writer.|
|10||"Family Ties"||Bill D'Elia||Teleplay by : Amanda Johns & Karen Struck & David E. Kelley|
Story by : Amanda Johns & Karen Struck
|April 8, 2013||1.37|
|Hooten and Buck head to court when a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother's final wishes; Sydney is outraged over the health of an obese 16-year-old; a patient puts one of the staff in danger.|
As of 2014, Warner does not plan to release the series physically in the United States. As of November 2014, the only home video release was made in Germany, where Studiocanal acquired the rights and released it on DVD on November 20, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 2, 2012). "TNT Announces Winter 2012-13 Premiere Dates for 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Dallas' 'Leverage', 'Southland' & 'Monday Mornings'". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "TNT Greenlights Powerful New Medical Drama Series 'Monday Mornings' from Award-Winning Producer David E. Kelley". The Futon Critic. May 7, 2012. Retrieved May 9, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 10, 2013). "'Southland' & 'Monday Mornings' Canceled by TNT". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Ross, Robyn (May 8, 2012). "TNT Orders David E. Kelley's Medical Drama Monday Mornings". TV Guide. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Ross, Robyn (February 3, 2012). "Pilot Season: Battlestar and Lost Alums Cast in New Projects". TV Guide. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Frederick, Brittany (February 1, 2013). "Keong Sim Scrubs in for TNT's 'Monday Mornings'". Starpulse. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Monday Mornings Episode Guide". Bogge TV. Archived from the original on April 18, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Patten, Dominic. "David E. Kelley's 'Monday Mornings' Debuts Weak; 'Dallas' Hits New Series Low". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: "Pawn Stars" Pulls in Front for History". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: "Pawn Stars," "WWE Raw" Nab Top Spots". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: "Pawn Stars," "WWE Raw" Top Charts". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: USA's "WWE Raw" Claims Top Three Spots". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-03-04. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: "WWE Raw," "Pawn Stars" Claim Top Spots". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: Heat/Celtics on ESPN, "WWE Raw" on USA Top Charts". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Wins Night + 'Teen Mom II', 'Bates Motel', 'Storage Wars', 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' & More". TVbyTheNumbers. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Teen Mom 2', 'Bates Motel', 'Dallas', 'Being Human', 'Love and Hip Hop' & More". TVbyTheNumbers. 2013-04-02. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Wins Night + 'Teen Mom 2', 'MTV Movie Sneak Peek', 'Bates Motel' & More". TVbyTheNumbers. 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "Monday Mornings - Season 1 Reviews". Metacritic. 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "STUDIOCANAL - Monday Mornings / 1. Staffel". Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Monday Mornings - Staffel 1 [3 DVDs]". Retrieved 1 May 2016.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.