From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Monroeville Vineyard & Winery|
|Location||314 Elmer-Richwood Road, Monroeville, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.644013 N, 75.174445 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2010|
|Opened to the public||2012|
|Key people||John & Debra Basile (owners)|
|Distribution||On-site, wine festivals, NJ farmers' markets, NJ liquor stores, NJ restaurants, home shipment|
|Tasting||Tastings Thursday to Sunday|
Monroeville Vineyard & Winery is a winery in the Monroeville section of Upper Pittsgrove Township in Salem County, New Jersey. The vineyard was first planted in 2010, and opened to the public in 2012. Monroeville has 4 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 1,800 cases of wine per year from New Jersey and Chilean grapes. The winery is named for the community where it is located.
Monroeville Vineyard is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wine from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Concord, Grüner Veltliner, Merlot, Muscat of Alexandria, Pinot gris, and Syrah grapes. Monroeville also makes fruit wines from apples, blueberries, cranberries, nectarines, peaches, strawberries.
Monroeville has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association.
- DiBona, Antonia. "Interview with John Basile, owner of Monroeville Winery" on Antonia DiBona's Research Blog (3 April 2013). Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Procida, Lee. "N.J.'s wineries-in-waiting hope the state will rewrite its rules so they can sell" in The Press of Atlantic City (1 July 2011). Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Painter, Nancy Brannigan. "2012 Wine Guide" in Edible Jersey (Fall 2012). Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Davis, Phil. "Washington Township Lake Park hosts wine festival" in The South Jersey Times (22 June 2013). Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Monroeville Vineyard & Winery. "Welcome to our homepage!" and "Available in Our Tasting Room" (commercial website). Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- E-mail from Debra Basile, owner of Monroeville Vineyard & Winery. (8 May 2013).
- Pellegrini, Nicole. "Monroeville Vineyard & Winery in Monroeville, New Jersey" on South Jersey Foodie (blog) (21 August 2012). Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Business Association. "Featured Business: Monroeville Vineyard & Winery" (17 February 2012). Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573. Geographic description of Outer Coastal Plain AVA includes Monroeville Vineyard & Winery.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived 2013-06-21 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Wineries." Retrieved 29 June 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.