From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Mr. Reeder in Room 13|
|Directed by||Norman Lee|
|Based on||novel Room 13 by Edgar Wallace|
|Produced by||John Corfield|
|Edited by||Ted Richards (as Edward Richards)|
|Music by||Ronnie Munro|
|Distributed by||Associated British Film Distributors (UK)|
Mr. Reeder in Room 13 is a 1938 British crime film directed by Norman Lee and starring Peter Murray-Hill, Sally Gray and Gibb McLaughlin. It is based on the first J. G. Reeder book, Room 13 by Edgar Wallace. The film was released in the U.S. in 1941 as Mystery of Room 13.
Mr. J.G. Reeder (Gibb McLaughlin) is called in by the Bank of England to investigate a gang of forgers. Reeder enlists the aid of a younger man, Capt. Johnnie Gray (Peter Murray Hill), to infiltrate the gang by going undercover in Dartmoor jail.
- Peter Murray-Hill as Captain Johnnie Gray
- Sally Gray as Claire Kane
- Gibb McLaughlin as J.G. Reeder
- Malcolm Keen as Peter Kane
- Leslie Perrins as Jeffrey Legge
- Sara Seegar as Lila Legge
- D.J. Williams as Emmanuel Legge
- Rex Carvel as Sir John Flaherty
- Robert Cochran as Detective Inspector Barker
- Phil Ray as Fenner, convict
Britmovie wrote, "director Norman Lee keeps things moving along briskly and packs plenty of goings-on into its relatively short running time, but the outlandish plot requires some suspension of disbelief."
- "Mr. Reeder in Room 13". BFI. Archived from the original on 15 January 2009.
- Edgar Wallace. "Room 13 (Mr. J. G. Reeder #1)". Goodreads.
- "Mystery-of-Room-13 - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards - NYTimes.com". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2015. Archived from the original on 31 January 2015.
- "Mr. Reeder in Room 13". britmovie.co.uk.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.