From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Jurisdiction||Regional Command of the Syrian Regional Branch|
The National Security Bureau, officially the National Security Bureau of the Regional Command of the Syrian Regional Branch, is a Ba'ath Party bureau which coordinates the work of Syria's intelligence agencies and advises the Regional Secretary. The individual intelligence agencies, however, in practice have a significant degree of independence and generally report directly to the president. The current head of the National Security Bureau is Ahmad Diyab.
- Abd al-Karim al-Jundi (September 1966 – 2 March 1969)
- Naji Jamil (November 1970 – March 1978)
- Ahmad Diyab (1979–1987)
- Abdul Rauf al-Kasm (1987 – 17 June 2000)
- Mohammed Saeed Bekheitan (21 June 2000 – 6 June 2005)
- Hisham Ikhtiyar (9 June 2005 – 18 July 2012)
- Ali Mamlouk (25 July 2012 – 7 June 2016)
- Ahmad Diyab (7 June 2016 – present)
- "Bashar al-Assad's inner circle". BBC News. 12 August 2012.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.