From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perimeter 81 is an Israeli cloud and network security company that develops secure remote networks, based on the zero trust architecture, for organizations. Its technology replaces legacy security appliances like VPNs and firewalls.  
The company was founded in 2018 by Sagi Gidali and Amit Bareket, founders of SaferVPN which was acquired by J2 Global. The SaferVPN network infrastructure, which was developed over six years, served as the basis for Perimeter 81’s initial product development. 
Based in Tel Aviv, Israel, the company raised 19.5 million dollars in three funding rounds during 2019-20, including investments from USA’s SonicWall (Francisco Partners), Toba Capital and Israel’s Spring Ventures.   In June 2020 it raised funds at 100 million dollars valuation.  The company has hundreds of clients, among them Fortune 500 companies. 
The company develops a converged networking and security cloud edge delivered in a software as a service model. It offers global gateway deployment and multi-tenant management, allowing the distributed workforce to securely access company resources, whether these are located in the cloud or on-premises. 
Perimeter 81 offers its service through the Ingram cloud marketplace and has partnered with SentinelOne to deliver unified network and endpoint security.   The company also partnered with SonicWall to incorporate cyber security and firewall features in its secure access service edge (SASE) platform.  
Perimeter 81 was chosen by Gartner as a “cool vendor in network and cyber-physical systems security”,  selected by Frost & Sullivan as technology leadership award winner,  recognized as one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte  and chosen as a finalist in the Ingram micro comet competition. The company also won the cybersecurity vendor achievement of the year, a cybersecurity breakthrough award  and was the finalist in the NYCx cybersecurity moonshot challenge, held by JVP, together with the New York Mayor’s office. 
- Perimeter 81 completes $5 million funding round, Jerusalem Post, March 26, 2019
- SonicWall leads $10m round in Perimeter 81, Globes, Yasmin Yablonko, 21 November 2019
- Secured network startup Perimeter 81 raises $4.5 million, Calcalist, Elham Nasser Eddin, 11 March 2020
- Perimeter81 raises funds at $100m valuation. Globes, Shiri Habib-Valdhorn, 16 Jun, 2020.
- Review: How Perimeter 81 provides a near plug-and-play network security service, John Breeden II, Insider Pro, August 13, 2019
- Perimeter 81 Partners with SentinelOne to deliver fully automated, zero trust network security and endpoint protection, Toolbox, Shruti Umathe, 2019
- SonicWall invests in Perimeter 81, MSSP Alert, Joe Panettieri ,November 22, 2019
- Perimeter 81 announces $10m Series A funding and SonicWall partnership, Eva Short, Silicon Republic, 21 November 2019
- Cool Vendors in Network and Cyber-Physical Systems Security , Gartner, 16 April 2019
- Frost & Sullivan recognizes disruptive Industry leaders with its Best Practices Awards, Frost & Sullivan, July 15, 2019
- Revolutionizing Network Security for the Mobile Workforce, Deloitte
- New York and JVP announce finalists in $1 million startup competition , Adi Pick, Calcalist, August 18, 2019
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.