From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Philo Vance Returns|
|Directed by||William Beaudine|
|Produced by||Howard Welsch|
|Edited by||Gene Fowler Jr.|
|Music by||Albert Glasser|
|Distributed by||Producers Releasing Corporation|
|April 14, 1947|
Philo Vance Returns is a 1947 American mystery film directed by William Beaudine and starring William Wright, Vivian Austin and Leon Belasco. It is one of a series of films featuring private detective Philo Vance.
Vance investigates the murders of a newly engaged couple.
- William Wright as Philo Vance
- Vivian Austin as Lorena Blendon Simms
- Leon Belasco as Alexis Karnoff
- Clara Blandick as Stella Blendon
- Ramsay Ames as Virginia Berneaux
- Damian O'Flynn as Larry Blendon
- Frank Wilcox as George Hullman
- Iris Adrian as Maggie McCarthy Blendon
- Ann Staunton as Helen Varney Blendon
- Tim Murdock as The Policeman
- Mary Scott as Mary, the Maid
- Marshall p.333
- Marshall, Wendy L. William Beaudine: From Silents to Television. Scarecrow Press, 2005.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.