From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Party Leaders||Alan García (PAP)|
Raúl Castro Stagnaro (PPC)
Juan Sotomayor (VP)
|Founded||December 12, 2015|
|Dissolved||April 11, 2016|
|Political position||Centre to centre-right|
|International affiliation||Socialist International (PAP)|
International Democrat Union (PPC)
Centrist Democrat International (PPC)
Popular Alliance (Spanish: Alianza Popular) was a political coalition of two of the oldest and historically recognized political parties in Peru, the Peruvian Aprista Party (APRA), led by former President Alan García, and the Christian People's Party, led by Lourdes Flores. The alliance was made by mutual agreement by both leaders with the objective of leading Alan García for a third non-consecutive presidential term in the 2016 general election. The third member of the coalition was the minor political party Go Peru, led by Mayor of Callao Juan Sotomayor.
The coalition ticket was composed of Alan García as the presidential nominee, and Lourdes Flores and David Salazar Morote (former Governor of the Apurímac Region) as first and second running mates.
|First Round||Second Round|
|2016||Alan García||894,278||5.8%||Lost N|
|2016||1 013 735||8.31%||
5 / 130
(only for the PAP)
- PERÚ, Gestión. "JNE valida inscripción de alianza electoral que postulará a Alan García". gestion.pe.
- "Peru's small political parties scramble to survive". La República. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- PERÚ, Empresa Peruana de Servicios Editoriales S. A. EDITORA. "Alianza Popular completa plancha presidencial con exgobernador David Salazar". andina.pe.
- PERÚ, El Comercio. "Lourdes estará a cargo de campaña de Alianza Popular en Lima". elcomercio.pe.
- "La Alianza Popular se disuelve luego de su mal desempeño electoral". La República (in Spanish). 12 April 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- PERÚ, El Comercio. "Alianza Popular quedó disuelta, confirma dirigente aprista". elcomercio.pe.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.