From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Walter Summers|
|Written by||Friedrich Dammann |
F. McGrew Willis
|Produced by||Walter C. Mycroft|
|Starring||John Lodge |
|Edited by||Lionel Tomlinson|
|Music by||Dénes Buday |
|Distributed by||Associated British|
Premiere is a 1938 British musical mystery film directed by Walter Summers and starring John Lodge, Judy Kelly, Joan Marion, Hugh Williams. In Paris a leading theatre impresario is murdered on opening night, shortly after replacing his leading lady. A police Inspector in the audience takes over the investigation.
- John Lodge as Inspector Bonnard
- Judy Kelly as Carmen Daviot
- Joan Marion as Lydia Lavalle
- Hugh Williams as Nissen, Rene
- Edward Chapman as Lohrmann
- Steven Geray as Frolich
- Edmund Breon as Morel
- Wallace Geoffrey as Renoir
- Geoffrey Sumner as Captain Curry
- Joss Ambler as Spectator
- Jack Lambert as Stage manager
- Wood, Linda. British Films 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.