From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Owner||Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage|
Qatar National Theater is located on the Doha Corniche, near Al Rumaila Garden in Doha, Qatar. The 490 seat theatre opened in 1982 and hosts concerts and plays. In addition to hosting local troupes, it also hosts international and Arab theatrical troupes on occasion.
The theatre hosted the 2013 edition of the Arab Theatre Festival after Qatar won the hosting rights for the first time in the event's history.
In 2015, Qatar Tourism Authority organized the Eid Al Adha Festival, as part of which The Wrestler, an Arabic play with actors Nasser Mohammad and Najwa Al Kubeisi was staged at the Qatar National Theater.
- "Qatar National Theater". Qatar Tourism Authority. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Culture & Arts". Consulate General of the State of Qatar. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Culture Ministry organizes concert". qatarisbooming.com. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Rebecca L. Torstrick; Elizabeth Faie (2009). Culture and Customs of the Arab Gulf States. Greenwood. p. 53. ISBN 978-0313336591.
- Raynald C Rivera (9 January 2013). "The Last Show to open Arab Theatre Festival". The Peninsula. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "QTA's Eid Al Adha Festival Kicks Off Thursday - Marhaba l Qatar's Premier Information Guide". www.marhaba.qa. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.