From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Owner||Air Ministry/Ministry of Defence|
|Operator||Royal Air Force|
Location in Cambridgeshire
RAF Mepal is a former RAF station located 0.7 miles (1.1 km) south of Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England and 5.9 miles (9.5 km) west of Ely. Construction commenced in July 1942 and opened in June 1943.
- "Bomber Command - Mepal". Ministry of Defence - Royal Air Force. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Mepal". Control Towers. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Mepal". Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "RAF Mepal". Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "RAF Mepal Thor Missile Site". English Heritage - Pastscape. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.