From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|David G. Bronner, CEO|
Retirement Systems of Alabama is the administrator of the pension fund for employees of the state of Alabama. It is headquartered in the state capital Montgomery, Alabama. David G. Bronner is the chief executive officer.
Under Bronner's leadership, RSA has made a number of large real estate investments, some of them highly public. Its best known development is the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, a chain of eleven golf course complexes throughout the state. In 2019, RSA owned 26 golf courses. Since the beginning of the 21st century, RSA has been ranked among the 20 largest internally funded pension funds in the world.
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail
- Community Newspaper Holdings (in process of being sold)
- 55 Water Street, the largest office building by floor area in New York City
- Raycom Media (sold to Gray TV)
- The Grand Hotel, Point Clear, Alabama, U.S.
- RSA Battle House Tower, Mobile, Alabama, U.S.
- RSA Dexter Avenue Building, Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa, Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
- Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.
- Van Antwerp Building, Mobile, Alabama, U.S.
|Type||office and top floor club|
|Location||201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama, United States|
|Owner||Retirement Systems of Alabama|
|Roof||375 feet (114 m)|
|Floor area||750,000 sq ft (70,000 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Enar Rolandsson (maintenance)|
The RSA Tower is a 375-foot (114 m), 23-story building in downtown Montgomery, Alabama which was completed in 1997. The building was designed by PH&J Architects and has 22 rentable floors topped by the Capital City Club on floor 23 as well as an attic and a basement. One of the tallest buildings in Montgomery, it was built by Retirement Systems of Alabama and is part of the RSA Tower Complex that includes parking garages and other buildings as well as RSA Pavilion Park. The tower's tenants include Regions Financial Corporation, Morgan Keegan & Company, NBC affiliate WSFA (channel 12), the Capital City Club, the Alabama Public Health Association, Alabama Department of Health, Alabama Department of Insurance, Alabama Artists Gallery, Bell Microproducts, and other legal, financial, and insurance firms.
- Fagan, Mark (2019). Alabama's Public Pension Fund Growth and Economic Expansion Since 1973. p. iv. ISBN 978-1-54396-431-8.
- RSA Tower at Emporis
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.