From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kishna in 2014
|Full name||Ricardo Dennie Kishna|
|Date of birth||4 January 1995|
|Place of birth||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Position(s)||Left winger, striker|
|ADO Den Haag|
|2001–2010||ADO Den Haag|
|2017||→ Lille (loan)||11||(0)|
|2017–2019||→ ADO Den Haag (loan)||2||(0)|
|2020–||ADO Den Haag||15||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:06, 4 April 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16:43, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
Born in The Hague, Kishna joined Ajax in 2010 from ADO Den Haag at 15 years old, where he had been active in the youth ranks from the age of 9 laying the foundation for his professional career. On 13 May 2011, Kishna signed his first professional contract with Ajax, joining the club until June 2014. He began the 2013–14 season playing for Ajax A1, the club's under-19 team, competing in the Nike A-Juniors Eredivisie and the UEFA Youth League. On 3 January 2014 it was then announced that Kishna, Jaïro Riedewald and Riechedly Bazoer would join the first team on its training camp in Turkey during the Winter transfer window. After making his debut with the first team in the Antalya Cup, a friendly tournament, on 11 January 2014 against Turkish side Trabzonspor, head coach Frank de Boer announced that Kishna would not be returning to the under-19 selection after the Winter break. But would join the reserves team Jong Ajax in the Dutch Eerste Divisie, while making appearances for the first team. On 15 January 2014 it was announced that Kishna had extended his contract with Ajax for an additional two seasons, now running until the Summer of 2016, with an option for an additional year.
He made his professional debut on 17 January 2014 playing for Jong Ajax in the 4–0 away loss against FC Emmen. He was substituted off in the match for Abdel Malek El Hasnaoui in the 59th minute. He scored his first professional goal for Jong Ajax on 10 February 2014 in a 4–1 home win over VVV-Venlo scoring in the 52nd minute. He then scored again in the following match against first place in the league table FC Dordrecht, leveling the score 1–1, and helping the reserves team to secure a point. On 19 February 2014 Frank de Boer announced that Kishna was selected as a member of the 18-man squad ahead of the UEFA Europa League match at home against Red Bull Salzburg, marking the first time he would be selected for the first team in a professional match. He then made his professional debut on 20 February 2014 against Red Bull Salzburg, replacing Kolbeinn Sigþórsson in the 60th minute in the 0–3 home defeat. He made his Eredivisie debut for the first team three days later in the 4–0 home victory over neighboring AZ, scoring on his league debut in the 61st minute, after being substituted on for Bojan Krkić in the 46th minute of the North Holland derby match.
On 29 July 2015, Kishna joined Lazio on a four-year contract from Ajax. The reported transfer fee paid to Ajax was €4 million. He scored his first goal on his debut, a 2–1 win over Bologna on 22 August.
Kishna made his debut for the Netherlands national team in the youth ranks, appearing for the under-15 selection in an International friendly match against Turkey U-15 on 8 December 2009. The match ended in a 2–1 victory at home for the Dutch. He then went on to make four more appearances for the under-15 side. He made his debut for the Netherlands U-16 side on 26 October 2010 in the Tournoi du Val-de-Marne in Paris, France, playing against France U-16 in a 1–2 away win. Making two further appearances, while scoring once.
- As of 4 April 2021
|Jong Ajax||2013–14||Eerste Divisie||6||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||2|
|Lille (loan)||2016–17||Ligue 1||11||0||2||0||—||—||13||0|
|ADO Den Haag (loan)||2017–18||Eredivisie||2||0||0||0||—||—||2||0|
|ADO Den Haag||2020–21||Eredivisie||15||0||0||0||—||—||7||0|
- Ricardo Kishna Profile on Ajax website Archived 30 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kishna bij Oranje o19". Ajax Showtime. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Talent Kishna beleeft geluksdag (Ajax.nl, 13 mei 2011)
- Talenten mee naar Turkije (Ajax.nl, 3 januari 2014)
- Ricardo Kishna verlengt contract (Ajax.nl, 23 januari 2014)
- Ajax 4-0 AZ (Soccerway.com, 23 February 2014)
- "Lazio complete signing of Ajax striker Ricardo Kishna". ESPN FC. 29 July 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Lazio beat Bologna with Ricardo Kishna firing home the winner". ESPN FC. 22 August 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Official: Lazio send Kishna to Lille". Football Italia. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Ricardo Kishna op huurbasis terug naar Ado Den Haag". adodenhaag.nl. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "UFFICIALE: Lazio, Kishna all'ADO Den Haag. Javorcic all'Amiens". Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "'Kishna is een bijzonder talent'". OnsOranje. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Kishna: 'Mooi dat het zo snel gaat'". OnsOranje. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Lazio, Ricardo Kishna talento del Suriname che ama famiglia e dribbling" [Lazio, Ricardo Kishna talented Surinamese who loves family and dribbling]. Il Messagero (in Italian). 24 August 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Ricardo Kishna Statistics". Soccerway. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Ricardo Kishna - Career Honours". Soccerway.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.