From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Diocese of Huehuetenango
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Los Altos Quetzaltenango-Totonicapán|
|Metropolitan||Mario Alberto Molina Palma, O.A.R.|
|Area||7,400 km2 (2,900 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2010)|
|Established||22 July 1961 (60 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral de La Inmaculada Concepción|
|Bishop||Alvaro Leonel Ramazzini Imeri|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Huehuetenango, Guatemala was first erected 22 July 1961, as the Territorial Prelature of Huehuetenango. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Los Altos Quetzaltenango-Totonicapán. It was elevated as a diocese on 23 December 1967.
- Hugo Mark Gerbermann, M.M. (1961–1975)
- Victor Hugo Martínez Contreras (1975–1987), appointed Bishop of Quetzaltenango, Los Altos
- Julio Amílcar Bethancourt Fioravanti (1988–1996), appointed Bishop of Santa Rosa de Lima
- Rodolfo Francisco Bobadilla Mata, C.M. (1996–2012)
- Alvaro Leonel Ramazzini Imeri (since 2012), elevated to Cardinal in 2019
- Victor Hugo Martínez Contreras (1970–1975), appointed Bishop here
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.