From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Rural municipalities in Canada, a type of municipal status in the Canadian provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Prince Edward Island. In other provinces, such as Alberta and Nova Scotia, the term refers to municipal districts that are not explicitly urban, rather than being a distinct type of municipality.
- Rural municipalities in Estonia, also called parishes, of which there are 64 in the country. Municipalities may contain one or several settlements, and while all urban municipalities contain only one settlement, only 6 rural municipalities do. Of these, five are so-called "borough-parishes", consisting of one borough, while Ruhnu Parish consists of one village.
- Gaunpalika (Nepali: गाउँपालिका, romanized: gāunpālikā| translation: Rural municipal) is a newly formed lower administrative division in Nepal. The Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development (Nepal) dissolved the existing village development committees and announced the establishment of this new local body. There are currently 460 rural municipalities in Nepal.
- Rural council or officially, village council (Ukrainian: сільська́ ра́́да, silska rada), often shortened to (Ukrainian: сільра́́да, silrada), a local government area as well as one of the lowest forms of administrative division of Ukraine that is associated with rural populated places in Ukraine. These populated places can refer to either villages (Ukrainian: село, selo) or [rural] settlements (Ukrainian: селище, selysche). The status of rural council was defined by a 1997 Verkhovna Rada law "On the Local Self-Government of Ukraine." In 2015, there was a total of 10,279 registered rural councils.
- Rural municipalities of Sweden between 1863 and 1971, see socken.
- "Interim List of Changes to Municipal Boundaries, Status, and Names: From January 2, 2012 to January 1, 2013" (PDF). Statistics Canada. pp. 6–7. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Municipal Government Act PEI" (PDF). Government of Prince Edward Island. December 23, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
- "Types of Municipalities in Alberta". Alberta Municipal Affairs. December 22, 2016. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "The Establishment of Elective Rural Municipal Government in Nova Scotia" (PDF). Government of Nova Scotia: Department of Municipal Affairs. pp. 1, 2. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "District Coordination Committee". MoFALD. Government of Nepal. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "गाविस/जिविस खारेज, ७ सय ४४ स्थानीय तह आजैबाट कार्यन्वयनमा". Nepal Aaja. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Recently increased 22 local units published in Nepal Gazette". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "481 chiefs appointed in rural municipalities" (18 March 2017). myRepublica. Nepal Republic Media Pvt. Ltd. 18 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Laws of Ukraine. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine law No. 280/97-вр: Про місцеве самоврядування в Україні (On the Local Self-Government of Ukraine). Adopted on 4 May 1997. (Ukrainian)
- "Regions of Ukraine and their Structure". Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 14 January 2015.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.