From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sarah Elizabeth Lawson
6 August 1928
|Education||Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art|
(m. 1960; died 2006)
Sarah Elizabeth Lawson (born 6 August 1928) is a former English actress best known for her film and television roles
Lawson is the youngest of three children born to Edith (née Monteith) and Noel John Charles Lawson (1887–1964), a naval officer of Irish heritage.
She trained at Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, then worked in Perth, Ipswich, Felixstowe and London's West End.
Among her most memorable film appearances was as Marie Eaton in Hammer's The Devil Rides Out (1968), in which her husband Patrick Allen provided the dubbing for Australian actor Leon Greene. She and Allen also starred together in the science fiction thriller Night of the Big Heat (1967). Both films were directed by Terence Fisher.
Lawson's work on television included Time and the Conways, An Ideal Husband, Rupert of Hentzau, Corridors of Power, The White Guard, The Odd Man, The Trollenberg Terror, Bergerac, and Zero One. She made guest appearances in such series as The Avengers, The Saint, Gideon's Way, The Professionals, The Persuaders! and Danger Man.
Her most significant TV work was in the Granada TV series The Odd Man, starring Moultrie Kelsall and Edwin Richfield, and written by Scottish TV writer Edward Boyd. She also appeared as Soviet spy Flo Mayhew in two episodes of the series Callan, starring Edward Woodward.
In 1978 Lawson played the prison governor in the final season of Within These Walls, the third and last actress to take on the part.
- The Browning Version (1951) - Betty Carstairs
- The Night Won't Talk (1952) - Sue / Susan
- Street Corner (1953) - WDC Joyce
- Three Steps in the Dark (1953) - Dorothy
- Meet Mr. Malcolm (1954) - Louie Knowles
- You Know What Sailors Are (1954) - Betty
- The Blue Peter (1955) - Gwyneth Thomas
- It's Never Too Late (1956) - Anne Hammond
- Three Crooked Men (1958) - May Wescott
- Links of Justice (1958) - Clare Mills
- The Solitary Child (1958) - Ann
- Night Without Pity (1962) - Diana Martin
- On the Run (1963) - Helen Carr
- The World Ten Times Over (1963) - Elizabeth
- Night of the Big Heat (1967) - Frankie Callum
- The Devil Rides Out (1968) - Marie Eaton
- Battle of Britain (1969) - Skipper's Wife
- The Stud (1978) - Anne Khaled
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.