From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Products||Saddles for bicycles|
|Revenue||EUR $100 million (2012)|
Selle Royal Spa is a company from Vicenza, Italy, founded in 1956 by Riccardo Bigolin, producing saddles for bicycles. In 1965, a formal establishment of Selle Royal Sp.A. was made in Vicenza for the production and distribution of bicycle saddles. Polyurethane foaming production system was chosen in order to be able to maximize production across the chain. Selle Royal then released the first patent of vacuum technology for ergonomic shaped design production.
In the 90's, Selle Royal Sp.A. developed and patented a revolutionary "soft-solid" material named as Royalgel™. Royalgel™ is the only saddle gel that doesn’t age, harden, or migrate, delivering unbeatable comfort and durability.
Today Selle Royal Spa is the world's largest manufacturer of bicycle saddles.
- 1956: Riccardo Bigolin founded Selle Royal
- 1970: Selle Royal develops a production technology based on a particular polyurethane foam
- 1980s - 1990s: Selle Royal Spa has become a partner of the main houses that produce bicycles.
- 1980: Selle Royal develops the RVS, an automated vacuum production system, which allows the saddle to be joined directly to the foam
- 1990: Selle Royal develops a gel for the saddle for the recreational market, based on an exclusive polyurethane gel patented by Bayer
- 1996: Selle Royal opens Selle Bra for production in Brazil
- 1997: Selle Royal launches Fi'zi:k
- 2002: Selle Royal acquires Brooks England, thus giving the company three independent brands of saddles
- 2005: Selle Bra and Metal Ciclo merge to form Royal Ciclo
- 2006 - 2010: Selle Royal began direct distribution through dealers H2 (USA) with Continental Tyres and A4, (Italy and France, Austria since 2018) of proprietary and thirdy brands.
- 2007: Selle Royal acquires Crankbrothers
- 2010: Selle Royal acquires 52% of Justek, China
- 2011: Selle Royal acquired PEdAL ED, operating under Via Vittorio Emanuele 119 - 36050 Pozzoleone (VI), ITALY - P.IVA. 04013940244 since 2016
- 2013: Brooks England purchased Pannier ltd.
- 2015: Justek became Selle Royal China Vehicle, with two production sites (Jiangyin and Tianjin)
- 2016: Opening of SR56 Inc, a R&D Center in Ogden, Utah
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.