From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selsdon Wood Nature Reserve — eastern entrance and London Loop path.
|Area||200 acres (81 ha)|
|Owned by||The National Trust|
|Operated by||London Borough of Croydon|
|Status||Open all year|
Selsdon Wood is a woodland area located in the London Borough of Croydon. The park is owned by the National Trust but managed by the London Borough of Croydon. It is a Local Nature Reserve. The wood has a Friends group - the Friends of Selsdon Wood (FSW) - who have their own website.
Main entrance to the park is off Old Farleigh Road, served by bus stop Forestdale, Selsdon Nature Reserve on Surrey routes 353 and 409; the London Buses route 433 serves nearby Sandpiper Road, while the London Buses route 353 serves Court Wood Lane at the back of the wood. The London Loop path (Section 4 West Wickham Common to Hamsey Green) runs through the park. The park is fully accessible at all times.
Selsdon Wood facilities include:
- Car park (One bay available for the disabled) at Old Farleigh Road entrance
- Public footpaths — including Section 4 of the London LOOP (London Outer Orbital Path); West Wickham Common to Hamsey Green section.
- Includes part of the Vanguard Way
- Toilets at Old Farleigh Road entrance (Closed)
- Woodlands and open meadows
- "Selsdon Wood". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Map of Selsdon Wood". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Friends of Selsdon Wood". friendsofselsdonwood.co.uk.
- "The Sir Julian Huxley". jdwetherspoon.co.uk.
- For more information on this London Loop path visit Transport for London site 
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.