From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Rolling stock||HB-E210 series hybrid DMUs|
|Opened||30 May 2015|
|Line length||47.2 km (29.3 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Senseki-Tōhoku Line (仙石東北ライン, Senseki-Tōhoku Rain) is a 47.2 km (29.3 mi) railway line in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, opened by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East) on 30 May 2015. It connects Sendai Station in Sendai with Ishinomaki Station in Ishinomaki, using existing Tōhoku Main Line tracks between Sendai and Shiogama and Senseki Line tracks between Takagimachi and Ishinomaki, linked by a new 0.3 km connection between Shiogama and Takagimachi stations.
In addition to all-stations "Local" services, semi-fast "Rapid" services and one limited-stop "Special Rapid" service operate on the line between Sendai and Ishinomaki.
|Line name||Name||Japanese||Distance (km)||Rapid||Special Rapid||Transfers||Location|
|Tohoku Main Line||Sendai||仙台||0.0||O||O||Akita Shinkansen, Tohoku Shinkansen, Senzan Line, Senseki Line, Jōban Line
Sendai Subway Namboku Line, Sendai Subway Tōzai Line
Sendai Airport Line
|Higashi-Sendai||東仙台||4.0||O[Note 1]|||||Miyagino-ku, Sendai|
|Senseki Line||Takagimachi||高城町||23.7||O||O||approx. 1 km from Tohoku Main Line Matsushima Station.||Matsushima|
- Not all Rapid services stop
Government approval to build the new 0.3 km connecting line between the existing Tohoku Main Line and Senseki Line was granted in March 2013. In July 2013, JR East announced its plans to build a fleet of new two-car HB-E210 series hybrid DMUs to be used on through services between Sendai and Ishinomaki via the new line. The Senseki-Tohoku Line name for the new through services was formally announced in July 2014. The official opening date of 30 May 2015 was announced by JR East in January 2015. The opening of the Senseki-Tōhoku Line and the resumption of the entire Senseki Line were celebrated in the ceremony held at Nobiru Station on 30 May 2015 with Yoshihiro Murai, the Governor of Miyagi Prefecture.
- ＜ＪＲ東＞仙台－石巻間上下６６本、最速は５２分 [JR East to run 66 trains between Sendai and Ishinomaki – fastest service taking 52 minutes]. Kahoku Shimpo Online News (in Japanese). Japan: Kahoku Shimpo Publishing Co. 27 February 2015. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- ＜仙石線全線再開＞復興をつなげる鉄路 [Entire Senseki Line resumes to lead reconstruction]. Kahoku Shimpo Online News (in Japanese). Japan: Kahoku Shimpo Publishing Co. 31 May 2015. Archived from the original on 31 May 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- JR東日本 通勤型ハイブリッド車両HB-E210系を公開 [JR East HB-E210 series hybrid commuter train unveiled]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 44 no. 371. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. March 2015. pp. 71–72.
- 東日本旅客鉄道株式会社申請の鉄道事業の許可について [Approval of railway project requested by East Japan Railway Company] (in Japanese). Japan: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- 仙石線の運転再開等について [Resumption of Senseki Line services] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company Sendai Division. 30 July 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- 仙石線全線運転再開ならびに仙石東北ライン運転開始日の決定について [Date for resumption of Senseki Line services and start of Senseki-Tohoku Line services] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company Sendai Division. 29 January 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.