From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||370 South Egg Harbor Road, Blue Anchor, NJ, USA|
|Coordinates||39.677047 N, 74.873251 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2005|
|Opened to the public||2008|
|Key people||Larry Sharott Jr.,|
Larry Sharrott III (owners)
|Distribution||On-site, wine festivals, NJ farmers' markets, NJ liquor stores, NJ restaurants, NJ theatres, home shipment|
|Tasting||Daily tastings, tours on weekends|
Sharrott Winery (pronounced // SHARR-ət) is a winery in the Blue Anchor section of Winslow Township in Camden County, New Jersey. Formerly an apple orchard, the vineyard was first planted in 2005, and opened to the public in 2008. Sharrott has 6 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 4,600 cases of wine per year. The winery is named after the family that owns it.
Sharrott Winery is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wine from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Fredonia, Merlot, Pinot gris, Riesling, Vidal blanc, and Vignoles (Ravat 51) grapes. Sharrott also makes fruit wines from blueberries, cranberries, and peaches.
The entire winery facility is powered using solar energy. Sharrott has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. In 2013, Sharrott became the first winery in the state to have a theatre as an outlet where its wine is sold by the glass to patrons.
- Pavlis, Gary. "Elements of Excellence" in Edible Jersey (Fall 2010). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Hyman, Vicki. "Wineries from Mullica and Warren bring home gold medals" in The Star-Ledger (14 April 2010). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Capuzzo, Jill P. "Ready For Prime Time?" in New Jersey Monthly (13 February 2012). Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573.
- LaBan, Craig "Wines of S. Jersey draw fans" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (28 January 2010). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Toms, Charlie. "Sharrott Winery Review" in American Winery Guide (2 November 2013). Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- Duhart, Bill. "Winslow welcomes winery" in The Courier-Post (reprinted article) (29 April 2008). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Mack, Danielle. "New Jersey's Top Wineries in NJBIZ (15 March 2013). Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Stilwell, Eileen. "Role of sun in winery's life grows" in The Courier-Post (17 November 2010). Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Keane, Brian. Garden Green Is Good: Save Money, Make Money, and Help Your Community Profit from Clean Energy. (Guilford, CT: Globe Pequot, 2012). ISBN 9780762790593.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived 2013-06-21 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Wineries." Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Brunetti-Post, Michelle. "Wine sales planned at Hammonton's Eagle Theatre" in The Press of Atlantic City (6 June 2013). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Wills, Caitlin. "Wine and pee: Urinetown the Musical opens at Eagle Theatre in Hammonton" in The South Jersey Times (6 June 2013). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.