From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Shire of Pyrenees|
|• Density||2.1406/km2 (5.5442/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||23 September 1994|
|Area||3,435 km2 (1,326.3 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Tanya Kehoe|
|Website||Shire of Pyrenees|
The Shire of Pyrenees is a local government area (LGA) in Victoria, Australia, located in the western part of the state. It covers an area of 3,435 square kilometres (1,326 sq mi) and in June 2018 had a population of 7,353.
The Shire is governed and administered by the Pyrenees Shire Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Beaufort, it also has a service centre located in Avoca. The Shire is named after the major geographical feature in the region, The Pyrenees Ranges which also gives its name to the Pyrenees wine region, which is located in the north of the Local Government Area.
The council is composed of five wards and five councillors, with one councillor per ward elected to represent each ward.
|De Cameron||Robert Vance|
|Mount Emu||Tanya Kehoe|
The council meets in the council chambers at the council headquarters in the Beaufort Municipal Offices, which is also the location of the council's administrative activities. It also provides customer services at both its administrative centre in Beaufort, and its service centre in Avoca.
In June 2018 the shire had a population of 7,353.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18: Population Estimates by Local Government Area (ASGS 2018), 2017 to 2018". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019. Estimated resident population, 30 June 2018.
- Victoria Government Gazette – Online Archive (1837–1997). "S63 of 1994: Order estg the Shire of Pyrenees". State Library of Victoria. State Government of Victoria (published 23 September 1994). pp. 16–23. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Victoria Government Gazette – Online Archive (1837–1997). "S4 of 1995: Order altg (Part 12) the Shire of Pyrenees". State Library of Victoria. State Government of Victoria (published 20 January 1995). p. 5. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Local Government in Victoria. "Pyrenees Shire Council". Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Reconciliation". www.pyrenees.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 1 May 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.