From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heekin-Canedy with Dun at the 2012 World Championships
|Former country(ies) represented||United States|
|Born||July 31, 1991|
Beverly Hills, California
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Former partner||Dmitri Dun, Alexander Shakalov, Dmitri Zyzak|
|Coach||Galit Chait, Alexei Gorshkov, Igor Shpilband, T. Myles|
|Former coach||Natalia Dubova|
|Choreographer||T. Myles, Alexei Gorshkov, Igor Shpilband|
|Skating club||Lider Kiev|
|Training locations||Hackensack, New Jersey|
|ISU personal best scores|
Siobhan Heekin-Canedy (born July 31, 1991) is an American-Ukrainian ice dancer who competes internationally for Ukraine. With Dmitri Dun, she is a three-time Ukrainian national champion and placed as high as 14th at the World Championships.
Heekin-Canedy became a Ukrainian citizen two months before the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Due to the scarcity of males in U.S. figure skating, Heekin-Canedy's coach arranged a partnership with a Ukrainian. Heekin-Canedy began competing for Ukraine with Dmitri Zyzak in 2007. After their split, she competed with Alexander Shakalov from 2009 to 2011. They were coached by Galit Chait and Natalia Dubova. Shakalov retired after the 2011 World Championships.
In mid-2011, Heekin-Canedy teamed up with Dmitri Dun. In their first season together, they won the Ukrainian national title and placed 15th at both the 2012 European Championships and 2012 World Championships.
In the 2012–13 season, Heekin-Canedy and Dun finished 12th at the 2013 European Championships and 14th at the 2013 World Championships. Their Worlds placement gave Ukraine a spot in the ice dancing event at the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Her partner retired from competition in March 2014.
|Season||Short dance||Free dance|
||Notre Dame de Paris |
by Riccardo Cocciante:
|Season||Short dance||Free dance|
|Season||Original dance||Free dance|
|GP Rostelecom Cup||8th|
|Cup of Nice||7th|
| GP = Grand Prix |
T = Team result; P = Personal result
|Cup of Nice||4th|
|Mont Blanc Trophy||5th||4th|
|Trophy of Lyon||3rd|
|JGP Czech Republic||9th|
|NRW Trophy||3rd J.|
|J. = Junior level; JGP = Junior Grand Prix|
- McKay, Betsy (February 16, 2014). "Heekin-Canedy Embraces Her Adopted Country". The Wall Street Journal.
- Nikolayenko, Olga (October 5, 2010). Шивон Хиккин-Кеннеди: "Украину полюбила задолго до того, как начала ее представлять" [Siobhan Heekin-Canedy interview]. Glavred (in Russian). Archived from the original on December 23, 2011.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri ZYZAK: 2009/2010". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on January 28, 2010.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Alexander SHAKALOV: 2010/2011". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on July 18, 2011.
- Golinsky, Reut (November 11, 2011). "Galit Chait: "My dream is to have a big school"". Absolute Skating.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN: 2011/2012". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 19, 2012.
- Tokova, Elena (March 31, 2014). Украинский фигурист: На зарплату в 2800 грн прожить нелегко [Ukrainian figure skater: It's not easy to live on this salary]. xsport.ua (in Russian).
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN: 2013/2014". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 2, 2014.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY". sochi2014.com. Archived from the original on March 17, 2014.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN: 2012/2013". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on March 29, 2013.
- "Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri ZYZAK: 2008/2009". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on January 22, 2009.
- "Competition Results: Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 2, 2014.
- "Competition Results: Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Alexander SHAKALOV". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on October 20, 2012.
- "Competition Results: Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri ZYZAK". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on October 20, 2012.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.