From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up stability in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Stability may refer to:
- Stability theory, the study of the stability of solutions to differential equations and dynamical systems
- Stability (probability), a property of probability distributions
- Stability (learning theory), a property of machine learning algorithms
- Stability, a property of sorting algorithms
- Numerical stability, a property of numerical algorithms which describes how errors in the input data propagate through the algorithm
- Stability radius, a property of continuous polynomial functions
- Stable theory, concerned with the notion of stability in model theory
- Stability, a property of points in geometric invariant theory
- K-Stability, a stability condition for algebraic varieties.
- Bridgeland stability conditions, a class of stability conditions on elements of a triangulated category.
- In atmospheric fluid dynamics, atmospheric stability, a measure of the turbulence in the ambient atmosphere
- BIBO stability (Bounded Input, Bounded Output stability), in signal processing and control theory
- Directional stability, the tendency for a body moving with respect to a medium to point in the direction of motion
- Elastic stability, the resistance of a structural member to buckling
- Flight dynamics, including longitudinal static stability
- Nyquist stability criterion, defining the limits of stability for pole-zero analysis in control systems
- Relaxed stability, the property of inherently unstable aircraft
- Ship stability in naval architecture includes
- Slope stability, a property of soil-covered slopes
- Stability Model of software design
- Band of stability, in physics, the scatter distribution of isotopes that do not decay
- Chemical stability, occurring when a substance is in a dynamic chemical equilibrium with its environment
- Convective instability, a fluid dynamics condition
- Ecological stability, measure of the probability of a population returning quickly to a previous state, or not going extinct
- Plasma stability, a measure of how likely a perturbation in a plasma is to be damped out
- Balance (disambiguation)
- Bicycle and motorcycle dynamics
- Equilibrium (disambiguation)
- Fault-tolerant system
- Homeostasis, a property of a system in which variables are regulated so that internal conditions remain stable
- Stabilizer (disambiguation)
- Stable (disambiguation)
- List of types of equilibrium
|| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Stability.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.