Dear Wikiwand AI, let's keep it short by simply answering these key questions:
Can you list the top facts and stats about State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defence?
Summarize this article for a 10 year old
The State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND; 国家国防科技工业局) is a civilian agency under the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology that is tasked with formulating policies, laws, and regulations regarding science, technology, and industry related to national defense. Established in 2008, its responsibilities extend to the coordination and promotion of the development of defense technology, overseeing China's space activities, and handling any international cooperation in these domains.
|Government of China
|Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- State Council agencies
Some of its subordinate agencies are thought to include:
- National universities
Several universities were thought[by whom?] to be administered by its predecessor COSTIND:
- Beijing Institute of Technology
- Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Harbin Engineering University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Nanjing Aeronautics and Astronautics University
- Nanjing University of Science and Technology
- State-owned enterprises
Several enterprises were thought to be administered by its predecessor COSTIND:
- China Aviation Industry Corporation I
- China Aviation Industry Corporation II
- China North Industries Group Corporation
- China South Industries Group Corporation
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
- China Aerospace Machinery and Electronics Corporation
- China National Nuclear Corporation
- China Electronics Technology Corporation
- China Nuclear Engineering & Construction Group
- "China's National Defense in 2008". State Council of the People's Republic of China. Archived from the original on 9 November 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
According to the Plan for Restructuring the State Council passed by the First Session of the Eleventh National People's Congress in 2008, the Science, Technology and Industry Commission for National Defense of the People's Republic of China has been superseded by the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense.
- Forrester, Charles (July 11, 2018). "SASTIND signs collaboration agreement with Kuwait". Jane's Information Group.
China's State Administration of Science, Technology, and Industry for National Defence (SASTIND) has signed an agreement with the Kuwaiti government to increase defence industrial co-operation.