From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Member of the|
South Dakota House of Representatives
from the 1st district
January 13, 2015 – January 12, 2021
Serving with Tamara St. John
|Preceded by||Susan Wismer|
|Succeeded by||Jennifer Healy Keintz|
|Born||Sisseton, South Dakota, U.S.|
|Education||South Dakota State University|
Steven McCleerey is an American politician and farmer who served as a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives for the first district. Elected in 2015, McCleerey serves as Assistant House Democratic Leader.
Prior to entering politics, McCleerey worked as a grain farmer. McCleerey took office on December 13, 2015, and represents the first district with Republican Tamara St. John. McCleerey is a member of the South Dakota Democratic Party. He endorsed Hillary Clinton in the 2016 United States presidential election and Joe Biden in the 2020 United States presidential election. McCleerey is a member of the House Committee on Commerce and Energy, Military and Veterans Affairs, Retirement Laws, and State Affairs.
- "SDLRC - Representative Steven D. McCleerey - 2019". sdlegislature.gov. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "The Voter's Self Defense System". Vote Smart. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "South Dakota Democrats elect legislative leadership". AP NEWS. 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Steven McCleerey". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- kathryn. "Elected Officials". South Dakota. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "June 2, 2016 Press Release South Dakota Legislators Endorse Hillary Clinton for President". www.p2016.org. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "10 South Dakota Leaders Endorse Joe Biden for President". 2020 Presidential Campaign Blog. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.