From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 27, 1958|
Nola Penthouse Studio, New York City
UAL 4023/UAS 5023
|Bob Brookmeyer chronology|
|Zoot Sims chronology|
The Allmusic review by Ken Dryden stated: "Aside from a few innocuous reed squeaks, the music is essentially flawless and has stood the test of time very well. ...fans of cool jazz will want to locate a copy of this session".
- "Stretching Out" (Bob Brookmeyer) - 6:07
- "Now Will You Be Good?" (Harry Pease, Arthur Terker, Harry Jentes) - 5:27
- "Pennies from Heaven" (Arthur Johnston, Johnny Burke) - 6:14
- "King Porter Stomp" (Jelly Roll Morton) - 4:37
- "Ain't Misbehavin'" (Harry Brooks, Fats Waller, Andy Razaf) - 6:52
- "Bee Kay" (Bill Potts) - 6:38
- Zoot Sims - tenor saxophone
- Bob Brookmeyer - valve trombone
- Harry "Sweets" Edison - trumpet
- Al Cohn- tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone
- Hank Jones - piano
- Freddie Green - guitar
- Eddie Jones - bass
- Charlie Persip - drums
- Al Cohn (track 3), Bill Potts (track 6), Bob Brookmeyer (tracks 1, 2 & 3-5) - arranger
- Edwards, D., Eyries, P., Watts, R, Neely, T. & Callahan, M., Discography Preview for the United Artists label 40000 & 4000/5000 Series (1958-1972), accessed November 27, 2015
- Zoot Sims Catalog, accessed November 27, 2015
- Dryden, Ken. Stretching Out – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.