From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Sudanese Nile Party (Arabic: حزب النيل السوداني) was a political party in Sudan, led by Philemon Majok. The party was founded in 1967 and was based in Bahr al-Ghazal. It contested five seats in the 1968 Constituent Assembly election, and won one. In total the party obtained 2,704 votes (0.15% of the national vote).
- Mohamed Omer Beshir (1975). The Southern Sudan: from conflict to peace. Barnes & Noble Books. p. 34. ISBN 978-0-06-490379-0.
- Albert Wirz (January 1982). Krieg in Afrika: die nachkolonialen Konflikte in Nigeria, Sudan, Tschad und Kongo. Steiner. p. 260. ISBN 978-3-515-03752-5.
- ARR: Arab Report and Record. Economic Features, Limited. 1968. pp. 119, 144.
- Timothy Niblock (25 November 1987). Class and Power in Sudan: The Dynamics of Sudanese Politics, 1898–1985. Palgrave Macmillan UK. p. 230. ISBN 978-1-349-08836-2.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. Sudan
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.