From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Taj Club House|
|Hotel chain||Taj Hotels|
|Address||2, Club House Road, Anna Salai|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 002
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Thom Catallo (Mackenzie Designphase Hospitality)|
|Number of rooms||220|
|Number of suites||16|
Taj Club House is the fourth hotel of the Taj Group of Hotels in Chennai, India. Formerly known as the Taj Mount Road, it is a five-star luxury hotel located on Clubhouse Road, off Anna Salai, across the Taj Connemara Hotel, another property of the Taj Group. Owned by Taj GVK Hotels & Resorts Limited, an associate of the Taj Group, and built at a cost of ₹ 1,600 million, it was opened in December 2008. The hotel was designed by Thom Catallo of Mackenzie Designphase Hospitality.
The hotel is seven stories high with a 45,000 sq ft blue glass facade and has 220 rooms including 16 suites. These include 38 superior rooms, 107 deluxe rooms, 59 premium rooms, nine executive suites (500 sq ft), six deluxe suites (662 sq ft) and a presidential suite (3,500 sq ft). The 3,300-sq ft banqueting hall on the ground floor, The Summit, can hold up to 400 guests. There are two meetings rooms with a maximum capacity of 30 and a boardroom for up to 12 people on the sixth floor.
Restaurants include Club House the all-day dining restaurant that serves European cuisine, Beyond Indus serving cuisine from Punjab, Rawalpindi and Sindh and also with wines, Kefi serving Mediterranean cuisine, Blend bar, Brew coffee and tea shop and Deli serving delicacies ranging from sandwiches to exotic chocolates. The rooftop facilities include a lap pool, a gymnasium and a yoga room.
- "Category : 5 Star Delux". List of Approved Hotels as of : 06/01/2013. Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. 2013. Archived from the original on 18 January 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Taj-GVK hotel to be ready by 2009-end". The Hindu. Chennai: The Hindu. 31 July 2008. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Indian based luxury hotel Taj unveils Taj Mount Road in Chennai". World Construction Network. 22 January 2009. Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "The Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces launches Taj Mount Road". Business Standard. Business Standard. 22 December 2008. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Mannion, Michelle (20 April 2009). "Taj Mount Road, Chennai". Business Traveller. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.