From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Groovy Sound of Music|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 21 & 22, 1964|
|Gary Burton chronology|
The Groovy Sound of Music is an album by vibraphonist Gary Burton recorded in 1964 and released on the RCA label which features jazz interpretations of tunes from the Broadway musical The Sound of Music written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II.
The Allmusic review by Ken Dryden stated: "Aside from 'My Favorite Things', jazz musicians haven't been particularly drawn to songs from The Sound of Music, so the Groovy Sound of Music songbook by Gary Burton is quite a treat".
- All compositions by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein II
- "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" - 4:50
- "Maria" - 3:34
- "An Ordinary Couple" - 4:50
- "My Favorite Things" - 5:55
- "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" - 4:30
- "Do-Re-Mi" - 3:50
- "Edelweiss" - 3:03
- "The Sound of Music" - 5:27
- Recorded at RCA Victor's Studio A in New York City on December 21 & 22, 1964.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.