From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Monkey's Paw|
|Directed by||Norman Lee|
|Produced by||Ernest G. Roy|
|Screenplay by||Norman Lee|
|Based on||The Monkey's Paw|
by W.W. Jacobs
Michael Martin Harvey
|Music by||Stanley Black|
|Edited by||Inman Hunter|
|Distributed by||Butcher's Film Service|
The Monkey's Paw is a 1948 British horror film directed by Norman Lee and starring Milton Rosmer, Michael Martin Harvey, Joan Seton and Megs Jenkins. It is based on the 1902 story "The Monkey's Paw" by W. W. Jacobs. The screenplay was written by Norman Lee and Barbara Toy. It was produced by Ernest G. Roy.
A magic Monkey's Paw grants its owner three wishes before a disaster befalls them.
- Milton Rosmer as Mr. Trelawne
- Megs Jenkins as Mrs. Trelawne
- Michael Martin Harvey as Kelly
- Eric Micklewood as Tom Trelawne
- Brenda Hogan as Beryl
- Mackenzie Ward as Noel Lang
- Joan Seton as Dorothy Lang
- Norman Shelley as Monoghan
- Alfie Bass as Speedway Track Manager
- Rose Howlett as Mrs. Gurney
- Hay Petrie as Grimshaw
- Sydney Tafler as The Dealer
- Patrick Ward as Sergeant Lawson
- Vincent Lawson as Morgan
The Spinning Image called it "a creaky diversion with stagey acting and an obvious lack of funds to open it out, yet the strength of Jacobs' yarn was such that it showed through even the most impoverished of tellings." On his website Fantastic Movie Musings and Ramblings, Dave Sindelar commended the film for its character development, climax which he called "suitably tense and eerie".
- "The Monkey's Paw (1948)".
- "The Monkey's Paw". TVGuide.com.
- "The Monkey's Paw (1948) - Norman Lee - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Monkey's Paw, The Review (1948)". thespinningimage.co.uk.
- Sindelar, Dave. "The Monkey's Paw (1948)". Fantastic Movie Musings.com. Dave Sindelar. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.