From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Song Is You|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||February 12, 1969|
|Stan Getz chronology|
The AllMusic review by Michael G. Nastos stated "The Song Is You is a missing link between a less than successful teaming with Bill Evans, and the more modern quartet music Getz played thereafter with Corea, Jimmy Rowles, Joanne Brackeen, or Kenny Barron. It's a very worthwhile item to own if you search for it, well recorded and performed by a group that could collectively be the most purely talented of any you might find who ever backed up Stan Getz".
- "The Song Is You" (Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein II) - 5:51
- "O Grande Amor" (Antônio Carlos Jobim, Vinícius de Moraes) - 6:02
- "For Jane" (Jack DeJohnette) - 3:22
- "Dane's Chant" (Stanley Cowell) - 7:36
- "Major General" (DeJohnette) - 6:32
- "Folk Tune for Bass" (Miroslav Vitous) - 5:10
- "Tonight I Shall Sleep/Desafinado" (Duke Ellington, Irving Gordon/Jobim, Newton Mendonça) - 13:08
- "All the Things You Are" (Kern, Hammerstein) - 6:50
- "Summer Night" (Jobim) - 3:42
- "One Note Samba" (Jobim, Mendonça) - 1:58
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.