From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by |
Stan Getz Quartet
|Recorded||November 24, 1956|
|Studio||Radio Recorders, Hollywood, California|
|Length||53:40 CD reissue with bonus tracks|
|Stan Getz chronology|
The Allmusic review awarded the album 4 stars stating "It doesn't happen too often, but there are times when the title of a jazz album and the material within interface perfectly. Hence The Steamer, where Stan Getz joined forces with a super West Coast-based rhythm section to produce some truly steaming music".
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
- "Blues for Mary Jane" (Stan Getz) - 7:53
- "There Will Never Be Another You" (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon) - 9:20
- "You're Blasé" (Ord Hamilton, Bruce Sievier) - 4:13
- "Too Close for Comfort" (Jerry Bock, Larry Holofcener, George David Weiss) - 6:19
- "Like Someone in Love" (Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Burke) - 6:30
- "How About You?" (Burton Lane, Ralph Freed) - 7:24
- "How About You?" [Alternate Take] (Lane, Freed) - 6:59 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "There Will Never Be Another You" [Incomplete and Breakdown Takes] (Warren, Gordon) - 1:09 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "You're Blasé" " [False Start] (Hamilton, Sievier) - 0:46 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "Like Someone in Love" [Incomplete Take] (Van Huesen, Burke) - 0:37 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "How About You?" [False Starts and Breakdown Take] (Lane, Freed) - 2:30 Bonus track on CD reissue
- Stan Getz Discography, accessed December 18, 2015
- Verve Records Catalog: 8200 series, accessed December 18, 2015
- Ginell, Richard S.. The Steamer – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 544. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.