From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Toshiko and Leon Sash at Newport|
|Live album by |
Toshiko Akiyoshi / Leon Sash
|Recorded||Newport Jazz Festival, 1957 July 5|
|Leon Sash chronology|
|Toshiko Akiyoshi chronology|
Toshiko and Leon Sash at Newport is a live album recorded at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1957 and released on the Verve record label. All 4 Toshiko Akiyoshi tracks are also included on some later re-issues of the Norgran (Verve) recording Toshiko's Piano / Amazing Toshiko Akiyoshi.
LP side A (Toshiko Akiyoshi Trio set):
- "Between Me and Myself" (Akiyoshi)
- "Blues for Toshiko" (Akiyoshi)
- "I'll Remember April" (Raye, DePaul, Johnston)
- "Lover" (Rodgers, Hart)
LP side B (Leon Sash Quartet set):
- Leon Sash – accordion
- Ted Robinson – tenor saxophone, clarinet
- Lee Morgan – bass
- Roger Price – drums
- "Toshiko Akiyoshi & Leon Sash at Newport - Toshiko Akiyoshi, Leon Sash | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- Atkins, E. Taylor (September 6, 2001). Blue Nippon: Authenticating Jazz in Japan. Duke University Press. ISBN 9780822380030 – via Google Books.
- Verve Records MGV-8326
- Polydor K.K. POCJ-2074 (CD)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.