From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TILO (Italian: Treni Regionali Ticino Lombardia) is a limited company established in 2004 as a joint venture between Italian railway company Trenord and Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS); both companies participate in the equity of TILO SA with participation of 50%.
In 2009 the company carried 6 Million passengers. Most traveled along the Como ↔ Chiasso ↔ Mendrisio ↔ Lugano ↔ Bellinzona ↔ Biasca (S10) and Bellinzona ↔ Locarno routes (S20), served by trains every 30 minutes (every 15 minutes on average at peak times). Line S30 Bellinzona ↔ Luino is served every 2 hours, with a single daily train continuing to Busto Arsizio.
The staff that runs the trains in Italy is supplied by Trenord, and by Swiss Federal Railways for the trains running in Switzerland.
The fleet consists of
- 19 RABe 524.0/ETR 150 Stadler FLIRT 4-car EMUs (3 of them temporary in service on Genève-La Plaine line)
- 11 RABe 524.1/ETR 524 Stadler FLIRT 6-car EMUs
- some NPZ RBDe 560 EMUs with NPZ driving trailers and EW 1 or EW 2 intermediate coaches (exact number is unknown but variable)
The Stadler FLIRT trains are equipped to run in both Switzerland and Italy, while the older NPZ trains are used only on peak hours trains in Switzerland.
The trains are always accompanied by a driver only, except for the S10 only in the Italian section Chiasso - Albate, where there is also a staff member accompanying the train (conductor).
|S10||Bellinzona – Lugano – Chiasso (– Como – Albate-Camerlata)|| Switzerland|
|S20||Biasca – Bellinzona – Locarno||Switzerland|
|S30||(Bellinzona –) Cadenazzo – Luino (– Gallarate)|| Switzerland|
|S40||(Malpensa Aeroporto –) Varese – Stabio – Mendrisio – Como – Albate-Camerlata || Switzerland|
|S50||Varese – Stabio – Mendrisio – Lugano – Bellinzona|| Switzerland|
|RE10||Erstfeld – Airolo – Biasca – Bellinzona – Lugano (– Chiasso – Milan)|| Switzerland|
- "Treni Regionali Ticino Lombardia. Benvenuti" (in Italian). Archived from the original on 2013-02-10. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Le imprese di trasporto" [The transport companies] (in Italian). Comunità tariffale Ticino e Moesano. Archived from the original on 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- TiLo (ed.). "S10/RE10 Ticino-Milano" (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-10-26.
- Linea ferroviaria gestita da TiLo per conto di FFS
- Ufficio federale dei trasporti (ed.). "Orario ufficiale Svizzera 2015 (versione PDF), quadro 630" (PDF) (in Italian). Retrieved 2015-09-07.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.