From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||2 Convention Boulevard, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.362086 N, 74.438797 W|
|Key people||Montgomery Dahm, Tim Kelly|
|Annual production volume||700 US beer barrels (820 hL) in 2006|
Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery is a brewpub in Atlantic City in Atlantic County, New Jersey. The brewery opened to the public in 1998 and was named for the historical Tun Tavern, a colonial establishment located in Philadelphia from 1685–1781. The brewery produced 550 barrels of beer in 2006.
Tun Tavern specializes in the production of English, Irish, German, and American-style beers. Common beer styles made at the brewery include Berlin-style Weisse and hefeweizen, red ales, seasonal beers, weizenbocks, and west coast IPAs featuring hops grown locally in New Jersey.
Tun Tavern has a restricted brewery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce up to 10,000 barrels of beer per year, to sell on-premises, to wholesalers, and at festivals in the state, and to offer samples at off-premises charitable or civic events. The brewery is a member of the Garden State Craft Brewers Guild.
- Bryson, Lew and Mark Haynie. New Jersey Breweries. (Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole, 2008). ISBN 9780811735049.
- Pellegrino, Michael. Jersey Brew: The Story of Beer in New Jersey. (Wantage, NJ: Pellegrino & Feldstein, 2009). ISBN 9780976523314.
- New Jersey Craft Beer. "New Jersey Breweries & Brewpubs – contact info, tours, tastings and more" (10 April 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery (commercial website). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery. "Tun Tavern: Our Beers" (commercial website). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Nurin, Tara. "Who's Who in Jersey Brewing" in New Jersey Monthly (21 February 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild. "The Garden State Craft Brewer's Guild: Our Members." Archived 2013-03-25 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 13 May 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.