From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pagliai performing at the Greek Theatre of Syracuse in 2007
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
In 1958, Pagliai enrolled at the Accademia Nazionale d'Arte Drammatica, starting his career on stage in the early 1960s. He became first known in 1969, thanks to the Giuseppe Fina's critically acclaimed stage play, Ross.
In 1971, he had a major success as the lead actor of the Daniele D'Anza's miniseries, Il segno del comando, and then appeared in a number of other successful RAI TV-series, often directed by D'Anza. He is mainly active onstage, often with his wife, Paola Gassman, the daughter of actors Vittorio Gassman and Nora Ricci. In 1988, Pagliai received a Flaiano Prize for his career.
- I complessi (1963) - Failed Applicant (segment "Guglielmo il Dentone") (uncredited)
- Da Berlino l'apocalisse (1967)
- Jerk à Istambul (1967) - Ralph
- Heads or Tails (1969) - Burton
- O Cangaceiro (1970) - Vincenzo Helfen
- Guardami nuda (1972) - Carlo
- The Red Queen Kills Seven Times (1972) - Martin Hoffmann
- La ragazza dalla pelle di luna (1974) - Alberto
- Till Marriage Do Us Part (1974) - Ruggero di Maqueda
- Nuits Rouges (1974) - Paul de Borrego
- Di padre in figlio (1982) - Himself
- Fatal Frames - Fotogrammi mortali (1996) - Commissioner Valenti
- Bagnomaria (1999) - The Mayor
- I giorni dell'amore e dell'odio (2001) - Ten. Col. Barge
- Father of Mercy (2004) - Cardinal Schuster
- Family Game (2007) - Prof. Moroni
- Loro (2018) - Mike Bongiorno
- "Ugo Pagliai's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- Roberto Chiti, Roberto Poppi, Enrico Lancia (2003). Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gremese Editore. pp. 33–34. ISBN 8884402131.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Ugo Pagliai incontra il pubblico teramano". Il Centro. 18 April 2006. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.