From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Valérie von Martens (4 November 1894 – 7 April 1986), born Valérie Pajér Edle von Mayersperg, was a German-Austrian actress.
Valérie von Martens was born in Lienz, Tirol, daughter of the Austrian admiral Rudolf Pajér Edler von Mayersperg. She was an actress in Vienna when she had a relationship with the cabaret artist Karl Farkas. In 1922 she met the actor Curt Goetz. They married on 20 December 1923 in Berlin. She then appeared with him on stage and screen, mainly in pieces written or directed by him. She co-directed the 1951 film The House in Montevideo with Goetz in which they featured in the lead roles.
- Die Verwandlung des Peterhans von Binningen (Memoirs Vol. 2', 1962)
- Wir wandern, wir wandern... ('Memoirs, Vol. 3', 1963)
- Die wunderbare und spannende Geschichte des Herrn Blau (1965)
- Das große Curt-Goetz-Album – Bilder eines Lebens (1968)
- Curt's Geschichten, Kurzgeschichten von und über Curt Goetz (1972)
- Curt Goetz – In deinem Sinne (1982)
- Julia Danielczyk (2005). "Valérie von Martens". In Andreas Kotte (ed.). Theaterlexikon der Schweiz (TLS) / Dictionnaire du théâtre en Suisse (DTS) / Dizionario Teatrale Svizzero / Lexicon da teater svizzer [Theater Dictionary of Switzerland]. 2. Zürich: Chronos. p. 1185. ISBN 978-3-0340-0715-3. LCCN 2007423414. OCLC 62309181.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.