From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Villa Milagro Vineyards|
|Location||33 Warren Glen Road, Finesville, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||40.596326 N, 75.185999 W|
|Appellation||Warren Hills AVA|
|First vines planted||2003|
|Opened to the public||2007|
|Key people||Steve & Audrey Gambino (owners)|
|Other attractions||Tourist train, picnicking permitted|
|Distribution||On-site, NJ farmers' markets, NJ restaurants, home shipment|
|Tasting||Tastings on weekends|
Villa Milagro Vineyards is a winery in the Finesville section of Pohatcong Township in Warren County, New Jersey. The vineyard was first planted in 2003, and opened to the public in 2007. Villa Milagro has 11 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 1,500 cases of wine per year. The winery is named for the Spanish words villa milagro which mean "house of miracles," because of the green mountain scenery of the farm.
Villa Milagro Vineyards is located in the Warren Hills AVA, and produces wines from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Frontenac, Muscat blanc, Malbec, Merlot, Norton (Cynthiana), Pinot gris, Sangiovese, Syrah, Vidal blanc, and Villard blanc grapes. Villa Milagro is the only organic winery in New Jersey.
Villa Milagro is an advocate of the direct shipping of wine from wineries to customers. There is a tourist train from Phillipsburg to the vineyard on weekends from May to October. Villa Milagro has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and its subsidiary, Vintage North Jersey.
- Heyman, Lois. "Wines now for sale at Dvoor Farm" in The Food Chain (published by The Courier News) (17 August 2009). Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Capuzzo, Jill P. "Ready for Prime Time?" in New Jersey Monthly (13 February 2012). Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Eilenberger, Andrea. "Villa Milagro Vineyards clears hurdle in Warren County" in The Patriot-News (30 June 2008). Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "A Lesson in Organic Growing" in The Express-Times (16 December 2009). Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Cercone, Diana. "The Wine Train" in Edible Jersey (Fall 2013). Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Nussbaum, Paul. "Deadline nearing on signing New Jersey wine-shipping bill" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (13 January 2012). Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Sullivan, Kathy. "Villa Milagro Vineyards" on Wine Trail Traveler (blog) (7 July 2011). Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Hit the Links, Trails, and Rapids in Jersey's Skylands" in New York Magazine (24 September 2008). Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573.
- Gregory, Phil. "NJ Wineries Urge Legislature To Approve Bill Allowing Them To Sell Directly To Consumers" Archived June 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine on WBGO 88.3 FM Radio (27 June 2011). Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Huth, Kelly. "Warren County Winery Train offers historic ride ending at Villa Milagro Vineyard" in The Express-Times (21 July 2012). Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived June 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Vintage North Jersey. "Participating Wineries on the Vintage North Jersey Wine Trail." Retrieved 26 March 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.