From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|6th Prime Minister of Sint Maarten|
10 October 2019 – 19 November 2019
|Preceded by||Leona Marlin-Romeo|
|Succeeded by||Silveria Jacobs|
|Lieutenant Governor of Saba|
1 November 1983 – 1989
|Preceded by||Raphael Sorton (acting)|
|Succeeded by||Sydney Sorton|
|Born||18 December 1948|
|Political party||Sint Maarten Christian Party|
|Residence||Ebenezer Estate, Sint Maarten|
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
Wycliffe Sylvester Smith (born 18 December 1948) is a Sint Maarten politician, former pastor and poet. Smith briefly served as Prime Minister of Sint Maarten in 2019. From 1983 to 1989 he was the Lieutenant Governor of Saba.
- 1976 – A Voice from W-indward (poems)
- 1982 – Winds above the hills:a collection of poems from St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (poems)
- 1981 – Windward Island verse: a survey of poetry in the Dutch Windward Islands
- "Sorton waarnemend gezaghebber Saba af". Amigoe (in Dutch). 10 September 1983. p. 2.
- "Articles of Association Sint Maarten Christian Party" (PDF) (in Dutch). Electoral Council of Sint Maarten. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Smith appointed Prime Minister". The Daily Herald. 11 October 2019.
- "Christian Party leader Wycliffe Smith aims for at least two seats "We support equal social treatment"". Today. 7 September 2016.
- "UPDATE: Governor Holiday swears in 'Easter Monday' Parliament". The Daily Herald. 2 April 2018.
- "Prime Minister Leona Romeo-Marlin leads new Government". Soualiga Newsday. 25 June 2018.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.