From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"You're My Everything"|
|Lyricist(s)||Mort Dixon, Joe Young|
"You're My Everything"' is a 1931 song with music by Harry Warren and lyrics by Mort Dixon and Joe Young. The song was written for the revue The Laugh Parade starring Ed Wynn which opened in New York City on November 2, 1931. The song was sung by Jeanne Aubert and Lawrence Gray.
- Al Bowlley
- Billy Eckstine and his Orchestra
- Max Bygraves, chart single 1969
- Connie Francis
- Carmen Cavallaro
- Francis Scott and His Orchestra
- Gisele MacKenzie
- Gayle Larson
- Jerry Colonna
- Joni James
- Miles Davis Quintet
- Jerry Carretta
The song also appears on the following albums:
- Hub-Tones by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard recorded on October 10, 1962
- Hopeless Romantics by American vocalist Michael Feinstein accompanied by pianist George Shearing, recorded in 2002
- Trilogy (Chick Corea album)
- soundtrack of Painting the Clouds with Sunshine (film) 1951, directed by David Butler and starring Dennis Morgan and Virginia Mayo
- Structurally Sound by American jazz saxophonist Booker Ervin recorded in 1967
- I Don't Want to Be Hurt Anymore a 1964 studio album by Nat King Cole
- Love Songs (Nat King Cole album)
- The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions by the Miles Davis Quintet
- Sarah Vaughan Sings Broadway: Great Songs from Hit Shows
- Jazz Is a Kick by jazz trombonist and arranger Bob Brookmeyer recorded in 1960
- The Awakening (Ahmad Jamal album)
- Stompin' by organist Shirley Scott recorded in 1961
- Play It Now by saxophonist Al Cohn which was recorded in 1975
- Jazz Time by Red Nichols and his Five Pennies in 1950
- A Harry Warren Showcase by pianist Kenny Drew recorded in 1957
- Let There Be Love (1993 Joni James album)
- Summer Times by pianist Franck Amsallem
- No Amps Allowed - Howard Alden/Jack Lesberg CD Chiaroscuro Records 1988
- David A. Jasen Tin Pan Alley: An Encyclopedia of the Golden Age 2004 Page 113 1135949018 "1931 also saw other hits, including “You're My Everything,” with lyrics by Dixon and JOE YOUNG and music by Harry Warren"."
- Stanley Green - Encyclopedia of the Musical Theatre - 2009 Page 461 078674684X ""You're My Everything." Music by Harry Warren; lyric by Mort Dixon & Joe Young. Pledge of total devotion sung by Jeanne Aubert and Lawrence Grey in revue The Laugh Parade (NY 1931)."
- Whitburn, Joel (1986). Joel Whitburn's Pop Memories 1890-1954. Wisconsin, USA: Record Research Inc. p. 618. ISBN 0-89820-083-0.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.