Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.
Alfred Newton (1890)
|Nascimento||11 de junho de 1829|
|Morte||7 de junho de 1907 (77 anos)|
|Cidadania||Reino Unido da Grã-Bretanha e Irlanda|
|Alma mater||Magdalene College, Cambridge|
|Prêmios||Medalha Real (1900)|
|Empregador||Universidade de Cambridge|
- Newton A. 1861. Abstract of Mr J. Wolley's researches in Iceland respecting the Gare-Fowl or Great Auk (Alca impennis, Linn.) Ibis, Oct 1861.
- Newton A. 1862. The zoology of ancient Europe. Cambridge Philosophical Society.
- Newton A. 1864–1907. Ootheca Wolleyana: 1. An illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs formed by the late John Wolley 2. Eggs of the native birds of Britain and list of British birds, past and present.
The first part was published in 1864; it was not until 1902 that Newton was able to resume the work and the next parts appeared in 1902, 1905 and 1907. The work is illustrated with colour lithographic plates and with black & white illustrations. Artists include Newton, Balcomb, Grönvold, M. Hanhart, J. Jury, and Joseph Wolf. Complete sets of the work are rare.
- Newton A, Rev HB Tristram and Dr P.L. Sclater 1866. Report on the extinct birds of the Mascarene Islands. British Association.
- Newton A and E. 1868. On the osteology of the Solitaire or Didine bird of the island of Rodriguez. Proc Royal Soc. 103.
- Newton A. 1874. Manual of Zoology. SPCK, London.
- Newton A and Parker W.K. 1875. Birds. Encyclopædia Brittanica, 9th ed.
- Newton A. 1877. The Dodo. Encyclopædia Brittanica, 9th ed.
- Newton A and E. 1880  List of the Birds of Jamaica. Handbook of Jamaica.
- Newton A. 1880. Report on the practicability of establishing a 'Close Time' for the protection of indigenous animals, by a Committee appointed by the British Association, 1869-1880. British Association Reports, London.
- Newton A. 1881. The Wild Birds' Protection Act 1880, with explanatory notes. London (Field Office) 1880. Quarterly Review, 151, 301, Jan 1881.
- Newton A. 1884. Ornithology. Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed.
- Newton A. (assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker, Charles S. Roy and Robert Shufeldt) 1893-96. A Dictionary of Birds. Reprinted in one volume (1088 pages) Black, London, 1896.
- Newton A. et al 1896-1903. Bird migration in Great Britain and Ireland. Reports of the Committee... British Association.
- Darwin Correspondence Project: Correspondence between Newton and Charles Darwin
| Precedido por
William Carmichael McIntosh e George FitzGerald
| Medalha Real
com Percy Alexander MacMahon
| Sucedido por|
William Edward Ayrton e William Thomas Blanford
Este artigo sobre um(a) zoólogo(a) é um esboço. Você pode ajudar a Wikipédia expandindo-o.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.