Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.
|Nascimento||1 de julho de 1948 (71 anos)|
|Prêmios||American Philosophical Society (2002), Medalha Vega (2002), Medalha Nacional de Ciências (2005), Prêmio Dan David (2008), Medalha Benjamin Franklin (2012)|
- Ice Core Paleoclimatology Research Group, the Thompson's research group at OSU.
- Lonnie Thompson's web page at Byrd Polar
- Ellen Mosley-Thompson's web page at Byrd Polar
- Lonnie Thompson's Department of Geological Sciences faculty home page
- Ellen Mosley-Thompson's Department of Geography faculty home page
- "Rapid Climate Change in the Earth System: Past,Present,Future" 2002 Heineken Prize lecture by Prof. Thompson
- Profile of Lonnie G. Thompson from Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Lonnie Thompson, biography from the Encyclopedia of World Biography
- "Deciphering the ice: scientist drills into tropical glaciers for clues to Earth's climate changes" from CNN/Time.
- "Science Goes to New Heights", article about Thompson's research in The Antarctic Sun. June 27, 2008
- The Habitable Planet video
- Dan David Prize laureate 2008
- WOSU Public Media profiled the Thompson's polar research in 2008 in a two video segments distributed nationally
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.