From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ellicott City, Maryland
"E.C.", "Old Ellicott City", "Old Ellicott", "Historic Ellicott City"
|Founded by||John, Andrew, and Joseph Ellicott|
|• Type||County council|
|• Councilman||Jon Weinstein|
|• Total||30.1 sq mi (77.9 km2)|
|• Land||30.0 sq mi (77.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||180 ft (55 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,198/sq mi (848.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||410, 443|
|GNIS feature ID||0584282|
Ellicott City is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in, and the county seat of, Howard County, Maryland, United States. Part of the Baltimore metropolitan area, its population was 65,834 at the 2010 census, making it as the largest unincorporated county seat in the country.
- "Howard County, Maryland > Departments > Ellicott City Flood Recovery". www.howardcountymd.gov.
- "Age and Sex: 2015 American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates (S0101): Ellicott City CDP, Maryland". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ellicott City CDP, Maryland". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Historic Ellicott City, Inc.
- EllicottCity.net Archived 2020-08-19 at the Wayback Machine, community page
- Ellicott City Historic District Partnership — Ellicott City Restoration Foundation, Inc.
- Photographs of historic Ellicott City — by John L. Beck
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.