|理查德·贝尔曼(Richard E. Bellman)|
Richard Ernest Bellman|
- Robert S. Roth (编). The Bellman Continuum: A Collection of the Works of Richard E. Bellman. World Scientific. 1986: 4. ISBN 9789971500900.
He was raised by his father to be a religious skeptic. He was taken to a different church every week to observe different ceremonies. He was struck by the contrast between the ideals of various religions and the history of cruelty and hypocrisy done in God's name. He was well aware of the intellectual giants who believed in God, but if asked, he would say that each person had to make their own choice. Statements such as "By the State of New York and God ..." struck him as ludicrous. From his childhood he recalled a particularly unpleasant scene between his parents just before they sent him to the store. He ran down the street saying over and over again, "I wish there was a God, I wish there was a God."
- Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Book of Members, 1780-2010: Chapter B (PDF). American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [2011年4月6日].
- NAE Members Directory - Dr. Richard Bellman profile. NAE. [2011年4月6日].
- IEEE Medal of Honor Recipients (PDF). IEEE. [2011年4月6日].
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.