From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1965 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- August 15 – Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St Nicholas, Galway, Ireland, designed by John J. Robinson, is dedicated.
- September – Toronto City Hall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- October 6
- October 28 – Gateway Arch (opened as Jefferson National Expansion Memorial) in St. Louis, Missouri, designed by Eero Saarinen.
- November 19 – Arctic Cathedral, Tromsø, Norway, designed by Jan Inge Hovig, is dedicated.
- December 28 – Museo de Arte de Ponce, Puerto Rico, designed by Edward Durell Stone.
- Shalom Meir Tower in Tel-Aviv, Israel, designed by Yitzhak Pearlstein, Gideon Ziv and Meir Levy.
- The first phase of the University of California, Irvine campus, designed by William Pereira.
- The first phase of the University of California, Santa Cruz campus, designed by John Carl Warnecke.
- Akosombo Dam, Ghana.
- Holyoke Center at Harvard University, Boston, United States, designed by Josep Lluís Sert.
- Richard J. Daley Center in Chicago, United States, designed by Jacques Brownson of C. F. Murphy Associates.
- NASA Vertical Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center Launch Complex 39, Florida, United States.
- Seinajoki Town Hall in Finland, designed by Alvar Aalto.
- St Michael and All Angels Church, Woodchurch, Birkenhead, England, designed by Richard O'Mahony of F. X. Velarde Partners.
- Nozema Zendstation, The Hague, Netherlands.
- Elephant and Rhinoceros Pavilion, London Zoo, designed by Hugh Casson and Neville Conder.
- January 11 – Florestano Di Fausto, Italian architect working around the Mediterranean (born 1890)
- January 23 – Ingrid Wallberg, Swedish architect (born 1890)
- May 10 – Karl Burman, Ukrainian-Estonian architect and painter (born 1882)
- June 21 – Kay Fisker, Danish architect, designer and educator (born 1893)
- August 6 – Donald McMorran, English neo-Georgian architect (born 1904)
- August 27 – Le Corbusier (Charles Edouard Jeanneret), Swiss-French architect, designer, painter, urban planner and writer (born 1887)
- September 13 – Louis Laybourne Smith, Australian architect and educator (born 1880)
- November 30 – William Strudwick Arrasmith, American architect, designer of Greyhound bus stations (born 1898)
- "About Galway Cathedral". Galway Cathedral. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "The Cathedral". Ishavskatetralen. Tromsdalen Kirke. 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- Page, Michael (1986). Sculptors in Space: South Australian Architects 1836–1986. Adelaide, Australia: The Royal Australian Institute of Architects (South Australian Chapter). ISBN 0-9588233-0-8
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.