From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of events in Scottish television from 1981.
- 29 July – The marriage of Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer takes place at St Paul's Cathedral. More than 30,000,000 viewers watch the wedding on television – the second highest television audience of all time in Britain.
- 1 September - 20th anniversary of Border Television.
- 8 September - BBC One Scotland changes its name to BBC Scotland.
- 30 September - 20th anniversary of Grampian Television.
- October - Scottish Television becomes the first ITV station to operate a regional Oracle teletext service, containing over 60 pages of local news, sport and information.
- Unknown - Scottish Television airs The Shepherds of Berneray, a 50-minute television documentary revolving around the people on the island of Berneray, North Uist, and how they lived at that time.
- Unknown - Alistair Moffat is appointed Head of Arts at Scottish Television.
- 5 January - Now You See It (1981–1986)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.