From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1982 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- May 12 - Coppergate Helmet found in York, England.
- NASA's Thermal Infrared Multispectral Scanner (TIMS) detects over 200 miles of a precolumbian (AD 900 or 1000) road system in Chaco Canyon, as well as walls, buildings, and agricultural fields.
- Uluburun shipwreck discovered.
- Wreck of HMS Swift (1762) located in Puerto Deseado in Patagonia.
- "Mary Rose rises after 437 years". On This Day. BBC. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "The York Helmet". York: Yorkshire Museum. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Trombold, Charles D. (1991). Ancient Road Networks and Settlement Hierarchies in the New World. Cambridge University Press. p. 7. ISBN 9780521383370.
- "Pei, Wenzhong (1904-1982) - People and organisations". Trove. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- O'Kelly, Michael J.; O'Kelly, Claire (6 April 1989). Early Ireland: An Introduction to Irish Prehistory. Cambridge University Press. p. xi. ISBN 9780521336871.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.